Der Entwickler Edge of Reality hat das Update 2.0 für seinen Free2Play-Shooter Loadout veröffentlicht, das automatisch über Steam installiert wird. Damit findet der neue Modus »Domination« Einzug ins Spiel, den das Entwicklervideo unter dieser Meldung vorstellt. Darin bekämpfen sich zwei Teams stets um drei Kontrollpunkte.
Zu weiteren Neuerungen des Updates 2.0 gehören Steam-Achievements, eine weitere Map sowie die Funktion, Partien von Freunden direkt beitreten zu können.
Außerdem hat Edge of Reality das Matchmaking überarbeitet, an der Balance verschiedener Waffen gefeilt und einige neue Waffen-Komponenten integriert. Zudem gibt es eine Reihe von Bufixes.
Nachfolgend die kompletten englischen Patchnotes der Version 2.0 von Loadout:
New Map: Spires
- Dive-roll headfirst into the nooks and crannies of Spires - playable with every game mode!
New Mode: Domination
- Frantically capture and defend control points scattered around each map. Get ready to dominate!
- This was a heavily requested community feature and now it's here! Achievements are retroactive, meaning you don't have to re-do them if they're already completed.
New Weapon Parts and Equipment
- Deployable Shield
- Wave Propulsion
- Double-Barrel Launcher
- Join-a-game feature is enabled
- The News Feed now cycles through messages
New Character Customization Parts
- Helga's Black Sci-Fi Shirt
- Helga's Black Sci-Fi Belt
- Axl's Night Vision Goggles
- T-Bone's Overalls with red tank top
- Reduced how much dive roll puts out fire.
- Improved damage on Pulses by about 7% across the board.
- Reduced Sniper Pulse headshot damage by about 7% (to counteract Pulse Buff).
- Improved aimed accuracy of Sniper and Headhunter Barrel on Pulses.
- Reduced arc range and damage on Tesla beams.
- Increased charge time on Pulse Charge Trigger for Scatter Barrels, and reduced charge time for Sniper Barrels.
- Made flak disperse more evenly across its damage radius.
- Reduced rate of fire for semi-auto trigger on beams.
- Reduced rate of fire for Sniper Barrel on Beams.
- Reduced blast radius of Manual Detonation.
- Liquid cooling for beams has a slightly reduced beam vent speed.
- Reduced the movement accuracy bonus on Aluminum stock.
- Slight reduction to full auto Sniper Beam DPS.
- Gatling Barrel gives slightly more recoil.
- Light Assault Barrel's range is reduced slightly.
Personal Shield Changes
- No longer always on
- Must be activated
- Lasts for 10 seconds
- Can be renewed by an equipment pickup pack
- Reduced the frequency that parties are split in the Casual Playlist. Exceptions are:
- Party late joins
- Odd-sized parties matching with even-sized parties (Party of 3 and Party of 2)
- Reduced the lobby wait time
- Players can still join the match in progress up to one minute after the match begins.
- Weapon levels have been removed from the MVP screen.
- Bot difficulty has been scaled back.
- Fixed a bug causing ghost images to appear on moving HUD elements.
- Fixed a bug allowing players to spawn underneath Shattered.
- Fixed a bug causing the hammer to sometimes return when both teams reached 10,000 points.
- Fixed a bug causing a team to surrender after a player left the match during the surrender option.
- Fixed a bug causing the Surrender UI to remain on screen after leaving a game in Annihilation.
- Fixed a bug allowing an Annihilation match to continue playing, despite all players on the opposing team leaving the match.
- Fixed a crash on shutdown.
- Fixed a bug when damaging opponents.
- Fixed a bug that did not auto-cycle through the news feed by default.
- Fixed a bug that displayed incorrect reward information on the post-match screen.
- Improved localization.