Triumph Studios, das Entwicklerteam hinter den beiden Spiele-Reihen Overlord und Age of Wonders, hat ein erstes umfangreiches Update für sein Strategiespiel Age of Wonders 3 veröffentlicht. Die Aktualisierung der Spielversion auf V1.09 soll weitestgehend auf dem Feedback der Spielerschaft basieren und bringt diverse Fehlerbehebungen und Verbesserungen mit sich.
Als Hauptziele für den Patch nennt das Team die Opimierung der Performance, die Behebung von Hardware-spezifischen Problemen, die Verbesserung der Künstlichen Intelligenz sowie erste Balancing-Anpassungen. Außerdem gibt es einige von Spielern nachgefragte Features, darunter eine Funktion zum schnellen Abspeichern und eine Unterstützung höherer Auslösungen.
Update V1.09 für Age of Wonders 3 wurde in den vergangenen Wochen bereits in Form eines Beta-Tests ausführlich getestet. Und auch in Zukunft möchte das Entwicklerteam eng mit den Spielern zusammenarbeiten, um Anregungen für neue Features und kommende Inhalts-Erweiterungen zu sammeln.
Age of Wonders 3 - V1.09 Patchnotes:
- WQHD / QHD (up to 2560 x 1440 / 2560 *1600) native resolution display support (the Black & White boxes and blurry text should disappear). Fix has been verified to work up to and including a resolution of 2560x1660.
- Fixed an issue for people using Intel HD Graphics - specifically for HD4000 and Surface 2 Pro - in combination with certain driver version, that caused a crash when opening interface screens - e.g. starting the game, opening options menu, skill book, etc.
- Fixed frame drop when armies were selected.
- Fixed decreasing frame rate occurring during extended play, particularly in longer battles.
- Fixed a memory leak when Windows was locked.
- Optimized a feature effecting maps with water, which should now show increased framerate.
- Fixed some cases where the tactical AI would come out from behind the walls of cities and fortresses too soon.
- Stopped the AI spamming disjunction, so players can now use global magic more easily.
- Fixed an issue where the tactical AI would cast a resurrection spell on an invalid target.
- Made 'squire' AI easier to beat.
- AI settings for players were changed to compensate for this change, to keep the same level of challenge on normal difficulty.
- Using the 'restart' option in a campaign map now returns the player to the briefing, allowing map difficulty to be changed.
Scenario & Campaign:
- Campaign: Heroes being mind controlled no longer causes you to instantly lose a campaign map if you rescue them by the end of combat.
- Campaign: Heroes which are protected by the 'resurgence' effect - e.g. the theocrat's 'rebirth' spell - can now die in tactical combat without causing you to lose the campaign map, as long as you win the battle that they die in.
- Blightmouth Crater: Closed a gap in impassable mountains.
- Blightmouth Crater: Removed two superfluous hearts of the blight.
- Blightmouth Crater: Fixed the behavior of independent armies.
- Elven Resurgence: Player 6 now starts with more gold mines, making the starting positions more balanced.
- 4th Elven Court map: Independents no longer interfere with one of the starting quests.
- 4th Commonwealth map: Fixed a message that missed an icon under specific circumstances.
- 5th Commonwealth map: A 'defeat leader' quest no longer reveals that leader's position.
- 5th Commonwealth map: Fixed a story message that had overlapping lines of text.
- 6th Elven Court & Commonwealth maps: Prevented story characters from dying when you are victorious.
- 6th Elven Court and Commonwealth maps: Added a few building upgrades to starting cities to give the player a better starting situation and more options.
- Fixed settings - e.g. graphics settings - not being saved when using the 'guest' profile.
- Fixed an issue when logging in with usernames of two characters.
- Fixed the stack confirm movement button being disabled in some situations when a stack was auto-moving.
- Fixed a rare crash caused by a player razing a city with a heart of blight, tropics, etc in its domain
- Fixed an issue where a backstab bonus wasn't being correctly applied. This led to situations where a unit could backstab a target without flanking it.
- Fixed a crash triggered by clicking on a "You lost your throne city!" event.
- Fixed a crash triggered by selecting a 'Egg has hatched' after loading the save game.
- Fixed the 'Remove army from event list' shortcut key function so armies are properly removed from the list.
- Fixed an issue where the 'Protect your leader and throne city' quest failed to complete on victory.
- The game now ignores controller input, to prevent camera drift when a controller is plugged in.
- 'Spring of life' now rewards units when explored.
- When creating a new custom leader, the field for setting a name is now left empty by default.
- 'Shrine of smiting' is no longer 'Devout', nerfing 'Shrine of smiting' doom stacks which relied on stacking 'Devout' bonuses for the 'Smiting prayer bolts'.
- 'Shadow stalker' now does cold damage. This fixes an issue where rogues had limited options vs. blight immune troops.
- Increased the research costs of skills to slow down progression through the skill tree.
- Increased cost of racial tier 3 unit building to 300 gold and 100 mana.
- Decreased the base production of cities.
- Fixed issue with 'Libraries' and 'Observatories' generating too much knowledge.
- Added buttons on either side of the city name that cycle through cities owned by the player.
- We added a quick save option, bound under CTRL+S by default.
- Added extra text to the preview popup when attacking a city wall. Players can now see the hit points the wall have remaining as they plan their attack.