Die Achterbahn- und Freizeitparksimulation Rollercoaster Tycoon World hat das zehnte Update im Rahmen des Early Access erhalten. In einem ausführlichen Blogeintrag wenden sich die Entwickler von Nvizzio an die frühen Unterstützer und stellen ausführlich die Neuerungen vor.
Im Fokus des Updates standen die Überarbeitung des Bremssystems der Waggons. Mit einem Lächeln fügen die Entwickler hinzu, dass falsche Einstellungen im Bremsverhalten nun auch zu Kollisionen führen kann. Natürlich sei dies nicht im Interesse eines erfolgreichen Parkbauers.
Das brachte das letzte Update:Rollercoaster Tycoon World erhält Looping-Coaster und mehr
Auch das Patrouille-System wurde komplett überarbeitet, was dazu führt, dass alte Wege nicht mehr editiert werden können, sondern neu angelegt werden müssen.
Außerdem wurden einige weitere Bugs gefixt, Änderungen in der Menüführung und ein genereller Performanceschub versprochen. Die komplette Übersicht der Änderungen finden Sie in den Patchnotes:
MULTI-TRAIN BLOCK BRAKE SYSTEM ADJUSTMENTS: When you're done adding Brake Systems to add more trains, you can now adjust the number of trains without having to leave the Coaster Builder. Edit through the Train tab.
- GRAPHICS: Adjusted seats for Invert coaster
- GRAPHICS: Replaced trees in Static Environment
- GRAPHICS: Continued tree optimization
- GRAPHICS: Adjusted billboard rotation for proper light calculations
- GRAPHICS: Adjusted seats for Flying coaster
- GRAPHICS: Optimized Loading Stations
- GRAPHICS: Updated and optimized foliage
- GRAPHICS: Updated billboard tree graphics
- GRAPHICS: Additional bush rendering
- GRAPHICS: Adjusted Turbo forest Atlas generation
- GRAPHICS: Water color adjusted to provide more realistic feel
- MULTITRAINS: Create the state machine for the train and the coaster train simulation controller
- MULTITRAINS: Add multi train functionality with the new structure.
- STAFF: Prevented players from placing a new patrol point separated from previously placed patrol points
- STAFF: Patrol Areas display in Heat Maps
- STAFF: When the user deletes a patrol segment, all later segments are deleted as well
- STAFF: On mouse-over, all affected patrol segments are displayed in red
- STAFF: Player is able to move a currently placed segment with left-click, delete with right click
- STAFF: If the user tries to move a previously placed segment, its movement is restricted as soon as moving it further would break the patrol area into two segments
- STAFF: Stroke highlight is added on the border of Patrol Areas
- STAFF: Display all patrols from staff of the same type when placing a new Patrol Area
- STAFF: Increase the allowed size of Patrol Areas
- STAFF: When editing a patrol area, all patrol areas of that type are visible.
- STAFF: Increased patrol placement polish
- STAFF: Additional color levels added for patrol areas - in-focus, out-of-focus and associated with a selected shop, out-of-focus and not associate with selected shop
- STAFF: Added edit outline to patrol area points
- STAFF: Players can pick up and drag park staff even if they're behind a peep
- TERRAIN: All terrain beneath a Roller Coaster flattened to whichever level the terrain is beneath the station.
- UI / UX: Rides, coasters, shops, attractions, employee buildings, or other objects will show info icon on mouse-over
The Bugs below have all been fixed in this latest update. Note that this is only a selection of all the bug fixes from the full list.
- COASTERS: Hypercoaster Apollo - Peep pathing clips through the gate.
- COASTERS: Peeps unload prematurely if there are two trains running on the Spinning coaster.
- COASTERS: Spinning Coaster - Peeps enter and exit the coaster cars of 'Blue Fury' even when the car is in spinning state.
- COASTERS: Peeps do not enter into the second train of some coasters.
- COASTERS: The cars of the Spinning coaster does not spin if user sets number of cars to '5'.
- COASTERS: RCTW - Coaster footprints are not centered on the station.
- COASTERS: Dive Coaster - Notification regarding the Dive coaster overshooting the hold brake fails to appear.
- COASTERS: Heat Maps/Coasters - Respective coaster theme concentration color remains on some of the coaster cars even after closing the 'Heat Maps'.
- COASTERS: Player is able to add an additional train to the 'Accelerator Coaster' even without adding the block breaks to the coaster track.
- CRASH: Connecting a path next to a Photo Spot causes the game to hard crash.
- CRASH: Having more than 40+ trains can cause the game to crash while in 'Edit Coaster' mode.
- GRAPHICS: Ride cam of Ferris Wheel clips through seats.
- GRAPHICS: Correct textures needed for Golden Entrance
- MULTITRAINS - Trains will still appear on the coaster rails/frame when switching from 'Brake system' to 'Standard Track' within 'Edit Coaster' menu.
- MULTITRAINS: While adding more than 12 trains in a custom coaster will cause the performance to drop within the info panel.
- MULTITRAINS: Adding/Removing trains while the coaster is active will cause all trains to stop and forced to close the coaster.
- PEEPS: Peep path navigation update time is too long when placing a "No entry sign"
- PEEPS: Some peeps leave the queue after ride breaks down.
- PEEPS: Heat Maps/Peeps - Respective coaster theme concentration color remains on the peeps riding the coaster, even after closing the 'Heat Maps'.
- SCENERY: Asteroid Belt, Gold Mine do not have a white footprint.
- SCENERY: Scenery should conform to the terrain slope
- STAFF: Creating a new patrol area will sometimes cause a large white texture to project over all of the terrain.
- STAFF: Patrol Areas - Patrol Area given names are not saved.
- STAFF: Heat Maps - Heat Map textures on Staff Buildings refresh back to original state when attempting to place one on top of another.
- UI / UX: Modifying the first car of Hyper Coaster using 'Generic car: Purple' theme, changes the car to 'Generic car: Caribbean Green' theme.
- UI / UX: The 3D billboard for failure/crash should be displayed when there's a coaster failure or crash
- UI / UX: MultiTrains - Adding brake system in between nodes that are too close from each other will be invisible.
- UI / UX: There is no tooltip when the user mouse hovers 'No. Of Trains' within 'Operations & Maintenance' tab.
- UI / UX: Steel Coaster premade names in the information window are not updated.
- UI / UX: RCTW - Peep mouseover HUD will display over the pause menu when pressing [ESC] while mousing over a Peep.
- UI / UX: Texts 'TRAIN' and 'No. Of Trains' overlap in the 'TRAIN' tab of the Wooden Coaster.
- UI / UX: Free Camera - Screen space reflections disappear when player enter Free Camera mode.
- UI / UX: Sandbox - Game starts from 'April' month, if the user enters any map in the Sandbox after checking off 'Unlimited Money' and 'Flatland'.
- UI / UX: Main Menu - Scrolling is reversed in the Social Hub menu
- UI / UX: Coaster - Ride cam does not switch to another train running on the same coaster track.
- UI / UX: Free Camera - The sun rays disappears if user enters the 'Free Camera'.