Stardock Systems und Ironclad Games haben jetzt den umfangreichen Patch 1.9 für die Standalone-Erweiterung Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion veröffentlicht.
Das Highlight in diesem Patch dürfte wohl das große Grafik-Upgrade für das Weltraumspiel sein. So gibt es ab sofort verbessertes Texture Rendering, optimierte Schattendarstellung sowie andere kleinere Änderungen bei der Optik. Des Weiteren haben die Entwickler von Ironclad Games die KI von Sins of a Solar Empire überarbeitet, so dass diese künftig etwas cleverer und mit weniger Fehlern agieren soll.
Hinzu kommen diverse Bugfixes und Optimierungen bei der Speicherverwaltung. Unterhalb dieser Meldung finden Sie die englischen Patch-Notes für das Update 1.9. Oberhalb gibt es einen neuen Trailer von Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion zu sehen, der anhand von Gameplay-Szenen die wichtigsten Neuerungen vorstellt.
Wie gut ist der Kampf im Weltraum?Der GameStar-Test von Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Außerdem gibt es bis zum 7. April 2017 einen satten Rabatt auf Steam: Dort kostet Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion nur zehn Euro.
Patch-Notes für Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion v1.9
[ Engine / Mods ]
- Large Address Aware (LAA) is now enabled by default. Warning: if you are using a mod that requires you to apply LAA manually you should no longer do this. Doing so will cause multiplayer desyncs and crashes.
- Added user interface scaling for 4K and other large resolutions.
- Increased the max texture and particle simulation type counts for mods. This will improve performance and memory usage as mods that exceeded the limit were engaging dynamic memory allocation which is slow and fragments memory.
- Added an adaptive texture memory use system to help constrain large mods from running out of memory (which could occur even with LAA enabled).
- Fixed FPS stuttering in big battles with certain hardware combinations. Warning: if you previously tried to solve this by converting ogg files to wavs you will need to revert back to ogg files.
- Fixed bug where exiting a mod that setup starbases as tradeports as part of the galaxy creation process would crash the game on exit.
- Fixed various crashes when enabling/disabling mods in-game. You should no longer need to edit the mod text file to enable/disable mods.
- Fixed potential crash if a mod was disabled from the options screen but assets from the mod were requested after being disabled.
- Fixed modding crash that is caused by defining a roleType (e.g. StarbaseConstructor, Colonizer) but not providing the expected ability. While the crash is prevented the abilities should match the roleType or the Ai will not work correctly.
- Fixed potential crash in a mod where no random capitalShip or starBase names were defined.
- Fixed crash that would occur in mods that used SpawnRacialBuffAtLocation() where the number of races exceeded the number of defined buffs.
- Modders can now use negative trade values.
- Updated Particle Forge shaders.
- Fixed slowdowns caused by Steam DLC queries.
[ Graphics ]
- Added a new "Extreme" texture setting that takes advantage of newly available memory and optimizations for improved texture rendering and related graphical effects.
- The old "Highest" texture setting has been renamed to "Higher" to imply there is a new setting beyond it.
- The new default texture settings are all "Higher" instead of a mix of "High" and "Medium".
- Renormalized the texture settings to support a wider variety of hardware. For example: "Low" is reduced in fidelity and "Higher" is increased in fidelity.
- Added a new "Extreme" shadow setting.
- Improved shadow rendering.
- Fixed various mesh issues with the Advent Rebel Titan. Thanks ZombiesRus5.
- Fixed texture reference issues with Varari's Orbital Cannon surface impact, Vasari Envoy's Mutual Threat, the blue star's flare and the green star's flare. Thanks ZombiesRus5.
- Reduced particle sizes of Gamma Ray Burst random event.
- Reduced particle size of Pulsar beams.
[ Gameplay / AI ]
- Fixed bug where militia ships were showing up in the supply cost tool tip.
- Fixed bug where militia ships were being grouped with non-militia ships in the empire window.
- Fixed bug where you could utilize the starbase max count bonus of a planet you didn't own.
- Starbases phase-spacing now correctly account for the max starbase count at the target planet.
- Truce Amongst Rogues no longer has any research prerequisites.
- Fixed bug where starbase upgrades with values at level zero were not being applied properly (a common problem with mods that placed starbases during the galaxy creation process).
- Minor improvements to AI selection of unit counters.
- Fixed bug where AI could stall on launching an attack.
- Fixed bug where AI could stall on colonizing a planet.
- Fixed bug where AI could build endless Scouts, Anti-Mine or Anti-Structure units.
- Fixed bug with MadVasari incorrectly using militia ships.
- Fixed "ANTIMODULE" attack type from behaving like "CanOnlyTargetModules".
- Fixed bug where units that had missing weapon points (and thus had default ones created for them) wouldn't fire from those weapons after loading from a save game.
- Fixed weapon and bombing data on the Advent Loyalist Titan, both Advent corvettes, the Vasari Rebel Titan, and the Vasari Nanites. Thanks ZombiesRus5.
- Alt-Enter is now the default full screen toggle key combo. Changed to avoid conflict with Steam's overlay key combo.