Patch Notes zu Warzone und Cold War Season 5 Reloaded
Week of September 9th
- Verdansk: BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads, Clash
- Rebirth Island: Resurgence Trios Quads
Week of September 16th
- Verdansk: BR Solos, Trios, Quads, Iron Trials '84 Duos, Blood Money Quads, Clash
- Rebirth Island: Resurgence Quads
Week of September 23rd
- Verdansk: BR Solos, Duos, Trios, Quads, Iron Trials '84 Duos
- Rebirth Island: Resurgence Quads
Week of September 30th
- Verdansk: BR Duos, Trios, Quads, Buy Backs Solos, Plunder Trios
- Rebirth Island: Resurgence Extreme TBD
- And the return of a mode not seen in quite some time!
The Numbers, A Limited-Time Event (Begins Sept. 21)
"16… 11… 1… 9… 21…"
Those brave enough to investigate the Mobile Broadcast Stations scattered across Verdansk will receive the following incentives:
- An instant $5,000 Cash bonus in the current match
- For each unique Mobile Broadcast Station activated during the event, you will receive an exclusive reward such as a Sticker, Calling Card, or Charm, in addition to some XP
- Complete all of the Challenges in the Numbers Event in either Warzone or Cold War to unlock the Sai melee weapon.
This event will also include a set of nine challenges within Warzone, which are based around the active Mobile Broadcast Stations in Season Five Reloaded. Through these challenges, you can unlock even more cosmetic rewards, as well as more rewards and another arcade cabinet game for your collection by completing event challenges in Black Ops Cold War. Unlock the first-ever event reward weapon, the Sai, by completing a full set of nine challenges in either game starting Sept. 21.
Iron Trials '84 (In-Season)
The rules have changed.
Last week, we gave you a first look at some of the fundamental changes coming to Verdansk via this new Mode:
- Altered Health and Regeneration
- Removal of Loadout Drops
- New Gulag Rules
- Adjusted Environmental Hazards
- Classified Weapons
Here are three additional changes to expect:
- Field Upgrades: Dead Silence and Stopping Power have been removed. Leave the pocket sand on the playground.
- Sniper Rifles: Can only one-shot to the head within 30 meters. You're gonna have to get up close and personal with the competition.
- Vehicles: ATVs and Dirt Bikes only. You'll need to dispatch your foes the old fashioned way. Plan your drops carefully and rotate early.
And as mentioned, those who place first will receive the exclusive Calling Card!
- Loot that spawns across Verdansk has been adjusted as follows:
- New Gulag loadouts
- New pre-match loadouts
- New ground and Supply Box loot
- Fixed a visual issue causing Player models to appear to have two left hands after free falling with any akimbo Weapon equipped.
- Fixed additional collision issues with various elements across Verdansk allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across both Verdansk and Rebirth Island that allowed Loadout Drops to fall through them.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to not receive the squad wipe notification when finishing the last member of an enemy squad.
- Fixed an issue causing Players to remain stuck in the blank tablet screen while using the RC-XD Killstreak.
- Fixed an issue causing the audio for certain Finishing Moves to not play properly.
- Fixed an issue causing Thermite damage to persist upon redeployment after exiting the Gulag.
- Fixed an issue where a Bounty Contract would display placeholder text.
- Fixed an issue where a Squad Wipe wouldn't count if the last enemy was holding a Self-Revive.
- Fixed an issue where Players could regenerate Armor Plates while using the Tempered perk.
- Fixed an issue where Revive and Self-Revive times were incorrect in Private Matches.
- Fixed an issue where some Calling Cards were displaying placeholder text.
- Fixed an issue where trying to customize Reticles would send Players back to the Main Menu.
- Fixed incorrect Blueprint labeling of various Attachments in the Gunsmith Customs.
- Fixed the Reticle alignment for the Swiss K31 (BOCW) "Roman Standard" Blueprint.
- Fixed the visual scaling of the Swiss K31 (BOCW) Diamond Camo.
- Fixed various issues causing the inspect animation on some Blueprints to not work properly.
- Sai: Melee (BOCW): During The Numbers Limited-Time Event starting Sept. 21, those who complete all nine challenges within Warzone or Black Ops Cold War will receive this new functional melee Weapon.
While assessing the power level of BOCW Weapons, we have observed some disparities between ease of use and efficacy. The Krig 6 (BOCW) has shown an impressive performance at just about every engagement range. While we believe it is important to have a wide array of Weapons which can be utilized by players of all skill levels -- it is critical to the health of the game that their effectiveness scales appropriately with the skill required to wield them. If players can be as effective with a Weapon that is pinpoint accurate that has a marginally slower Time to Kill potential than the hardest to wield Weapons, why would they choose another? As we continue to address these Weapons, we will also be making adjustments to BOCW attachments that offer Recoil Control. We feel these changes will provide a fairer, more diverse long-range landscape.
- C58 (BOCW): Recoil adjusted
High damage Weapons like the C58 (BOCW) tend to adhere to a lower Rate of Fire and higher Recoil, which generally balances out their hasty Time to Kill potential. Much like the Krig 6 (BOCW), the C58 (BOCW) was a tad easier to control than we feel is appropriate for a Weapon with its damage profile. While "Recoil adjusted" can be rather nebulous, the exact details of these changes can often be difficult to quantify with numbers alone. While the C58's (BOCW) Recoil has been increased slightly, the majority of this change will be felt in the Recoil Pattern deviation. When this deviation is increased, it can create subtle shifts which become increasingly difficult to compensate for given distance from the target.
- EM2 (BOCW): Base Optic eye position retracted
The EM2 (BOCW) is not receiving a direct reduction to its efficacy with this change. However, it will result in the Base Optic being a less suitable substitute for higher magnification optics. This, however, in conjunction with the changes to Recoil Control barrels will make the EM2 a slightly less viable option to lesser skilled marksmen.
- Assault Rifle Bravo (MW): Upper Torso Multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1
To the dismay or surprise of some, our data suggests that the Assault Rifle Bravo (MW) is an absolute monster. The Assault Rifle Bravo (MW) will still be capable of achieving an extremely low Time to Kill, though that speed will now be locked behind an additional Headshot. Changes like these align more closely with our goal to shift consistently acquirable TTKs out of the 300ms range.
- Groza (BOCW): Sprint to Fire Speed increased by 15%
The Groza (BOCW) has not yet fulfilled the role we had intended for it. As a more 'bruiser' oriented, AR-SMG hybrid, its slow base Sprint to Fire Speed has continued to hold it back considerably. With this change, it will be able to more reliably contest SMGs in short-range engagements.
- Krig 6 (BOCW): Maximum Damage decreased from 30 to 29, Mid Damage now 25, Minimum Damage decreased from 25 to 23, Weapon Kick adjusted
The vast majority of kills with the Krig 6 (BOCW) take place within its Max Damage Range, which unsurprisingly, is the longest of all BOCW Assault Rifles. This change will affect most Time to Kill breakpoints within its Maximum Damage Range by one bullet. Additionally, we have added a third Damage Range. Which is a change we do not suspect to be immensely impactful, as builds that extend Damage Range could push the Mid Damage Range out to nearly 100 meters -- which is well beyond the average kill distance for the Krig 6 (BOCW). Though, it is not all bad for the Krig 6 (BOCW); we have reduced some of the Weapon's 'bounciness' while firing which we feel makes it more enjoyable to use.
Light Machine Guns
- Light Machine Gun Alpha (BOCW): Recoil increased slightly
The Light Machine Gun Alpha (BOCW) had already been an incredibly accurate LMG prior to the changes which added Recoil Control to the Task Force and Match Grade barrels. With a baseline increase to Recoil and a reduction in the total amount of Recoil Control the aforementioned barrels offer, it will be harder to stay on target with Light Machine Gun Alpha (BOCW) at longer ranges.
- Tactical Rifle Charlie (BOCW): Recoil decreased
The Tactical Rifle Charlie (BOCW), and many other Tactical Rifles have remained out of the spotlight for nearly three seasons. Given that, we feel now is a good time to reassess their effectiveness, cognizant of the razor's edge of balance on which Burst Weapons exist. While this change will make the Tactical Rifle Charlie (BOCW) far easier to stay on target with, the reduction in effectiveness to Titanium barrels remains intact, which heavily contributed to the dominance of the Tactical Rifle Charlie (BOCW) and M16 (BOCW) several seasons ago.
- DMR 14 (BOCW): Recoil adjusted
Rather than an outright 'decrease' to Recoil, this change is more of a rework. The DMR 14 (BOCW) has languished since its changes in season one, but it has not been forgotten. Expect the DMR 14 (BOCW) to feel like a new Weapon. Semi-auto Weapon enthusiasts rejoice, as the DMR 14 (BOCW) may see a real resurgence following this change.
- M16 (BOCW)Weapon Kick decreased
Of the Tactical Rifles adjusted in this patch, the M16 received the smallest change. This is partly because we feel the M16 (BOCW) is already in an acceptable spot for Burst Weapons.
- Type 63 (BOCW): Headshot Multiplier decreased from 2.1 to 1.58, Neck Multiplier increased from 1.2 to 1.58, Upper Torso Multiplier decreased from 1.2 to 1, Lower Torso Multiplier decreased from 1.1 to 1, Weapon Kick decreased
The Type 63 (BOCW) has become quite infamous recently -- and for good reason. With a single Headshot, Time to Kill could be reduced to 332ms and with two, a mind boggling 166ms. A speed which only Sniper Rifles could compete with a TTK of 0 (only the travel time of the bullet). This should put into perspective how out of line the Type 63 (BOCW) was. While these changes seem extreme, a TTK of 332ms is still possible, it will just require three headshots instead of one.
- Submachine Gun Charlie (MW) with 10mm Auto 30-Round Mags: Maximum Damage decreased from 34 to 31
This Maximum Damage change mirrors the adjustment to the base Submachine Gun Charlie (MW) made earlier this season.
- OTs 9 (BOCW): Maximum Damage Range decreased by 6.2%
The OTs 9 (BOCW) might be a bit stronger than we would like, but we would first like to see how this change broadly impacts the Weapon's viability. The OTs 9 (BOCW) was always intended to be the quintessence of barrel stuffing Submachine Guns. A Submachine Gun that was intended to challenge Shotguns within their Effective Damage Range. We believe it is achieving that, but its Maximum Damage range, while shorter than each other BOCW SMG, might still be too long. We will continue to closely monitor the performance of the OTs 9 (BOCW) following this change.
- PPSh-41 (BOCW): Weapon Kick adjusted, ADS Sway adjusted
While firing the PPSh-41 (BOCW), the Weapon could kick in a manner that would make it difficult to gauge bullet directionality. This is a subtle change that will have a significant impact on the ability to reliably line up shots.
- Swiss K31 (BOCW): Recoil adjusted
We have improved the firing Recoil behavior for the Swiss K31 (BOCW). We expect this change to go largely unnoticed as it does not have a measurable impact on the Weapon's effectiveness but should improve its overall feel.
- ZRG 20mm (BOCW): Recoil adjusted
Much like the Swiss K31 (BOCW), the ZRG 20mm (BOCW) has received some changes to its firing Recoil behavior to ensure that it looks, sounds, and most importantly feels like one of the baddest Sniper Rifles in Verdansk.
- Ranger/Liberator/GRU Composite: Vertical Recoil Control decreased from 10% to 8%
- Reinforced Heavy/VDV Reinforced/Contour: Horizontal Recoil Control decreased from 5% to 4%, Vertical Recoil Control decreased from 5% to 4%
- Takedown/Contour M2: Horizontal Recoil Control decreased from 10% to 8%
- Task Force/Spetsnaz RPK/CMV Mil-Spec: Horizontal Recoil Control decreased from 10% to 8%, Vertical Recoil Control decreased from 10% to 8%
Light Machine Guns
- Match Grade: Horizontal Recoil Control decreased from 5% to 4%, Vertical Recoil Control decreased from 5% to 4%
- Task Force: Horizontal Recoil Control decreased from 10% to 8%, Vertical Recoil Control decreased from 10% to 8%
As we settle on the proper magnitude of Recoil Control for these barrels, we expect this to impact individual Weapons differently. Weapons that more heavily rely on the Recoil Control they received from these barrels may need to be addressed independently to ensure they align with our Weapon mastery goals.
- DMR 14 (BOCW) - 16.3" Titanium: Damage Range decrease reduced from 25% to 20%, Rate of Fire increase reduced from 16.7% to 15%
With the aforementioned changes to the DMR 14 (BOCW), we felt it was necessary to make an adjustment to one of the most powerful attachment stats.
- Groza (BOCW) - Serpent Grip: ADS Speed increase reduced from 9% to 7%
To ensure the Groza (BOCW) does not cross too far into Submachine Gun territory following the increase to its Sprint to Fire Speed and given its already SMG-like ADS Speeds, we are reducing the effectiveness of its Serpent Grip.
- Hudson: NATO (In-Season): Get Hudson as part of an upcoming Store Bundle, to be released following the launch of Season Five Reloaded.
Judge Dredd (In-Season):
- A limited-time Tracer Pack: Judge Dredd Store Bundle will include:
- Two Legendary Beck Skins: "Judge Dredd" "Comic Strip"
- Three Weapon Blueprints: "Quick Judgement" Submachine Gun "Arbitrator Rifle" Assault Rifle "Lawgiver" Handgun
- One Finishing Move: "Incendiary"
- One Weapon Charm: "Book of Law"
- One Wrist Accessory: "Judge's Watch"
- One Animated Calling Card
- One Animed Emblem
Chemical Reaction Pro Pack (In-Season)
Available later this season for $19.99 USD (or your regional equivalent), this is a seven-item Bundle built for those looking for a better bond with victory. Its most notable item is a new "Diabolical" Ultra Operator Skin for Stone and also includes two Weapon Blueprints - the "Primary Injection" Assault Rifle and "Tactical Syringe" Sniper Rifle - which can both make a loadout go nuclear.
Plus, purchasing this Pro Pack gives you 2,400 in COD Points, allowing you to pick up another Store Bundle, get the Season Five Battle Pass before the end of the Season, or gift those Bundles or the Battle Pass to a friend or squadmate.
Tracer Pack: Ghost Ship Mastercraft Store Bundle (Season Launch)
This Bundle includes the Ultra-rarity, spectral inspired "Flying Dutchman" Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint. Haunt the seven seas with this new armament or use the "Keelhaul" SMG to make your enemies walk the plank.
Plenty of other Bundles will be available before the end of Season Five.